KC Bier Co. Commemorates Year of Major Growth
Jazz, barbeque, and… beer? With Boulevard Brewing Company’s presence and the recent addition of KC Bier Co. to the market in 2014, Kansas City is well on its way to putting itself on the map as a famed home for craft beer.
And KC Bier Co. is no rookie in the craft beer game anymore. Even in a market that has seen the number of breweries in KC increase three-fold over the last four years, 2018 was a year of major growth for the company, now sitting at about 10 percent the size of Boulevard.
In a statement from KC Bier Co., the company shared its top ten achievements from the last year. Check them out below, and don’t forget to grab a brew to celebrate the new year and Kansas City’s growing presence as a beacon for craft beer. Cheers!
- Three of KC Bier Co.’s biers were ranked in The Beer Connoisseur magazine’s Top 100 Beers of 2018 list – Festbier at #10, Helles Lager at #55, and Hefeweizen at #88.
- Winterbock received a silver medal in the German-Style Doppelblock category at the World Beer Cup, the world’s largest international beer competition.
- Four KC Bier Co. biers were rated 91 or higher by Craft Beer & Brewing.
- In 2018, KC Bier Co. grew by nearly 20 percent.
- KC Bier Co.’s Oktoberfest grew enough to move from the brewery to Crown Center.
- Five new distributors were added.
- For the first time, the company bottled and distributed seasonal biers.
- Also for the first time, the company brewed and bottled limited-edition biers.
- The company expanded its production facilities
- And last but certainly not least, during 2018, KC Bier Co. supported more than 100 local non-profit organizations through charitable donations.