Thursday January 10, 2019 • See website • Bartle Hall • Varies
WHAT: The 65th annual Progressive Insurance Kansas City Boat & Sportshow – area’s longest running and largest boating and outdoors event
Outdoor enthusiasts of all ages – families, fishermen, hunters, boaters, from professional outdoorsmen to young adventure-seekers – can escape cabin fever and get ready for warmer days ahead at the 2019 Progressive® Insurance Kansas City Boat & Sportshow®. This year’s show features more than 300 new boats plus hundreds of outdoor gear options and marine accessories. The show also offers a variety of hands-on activities and live entertainment, including:
- The Hawg Trough, a 5,000-gallon, fully stocked fishing demo tank with seminars from pro anglers. Media can grab a pole to try and catch a fish or interview the experts with live demos. Demos available for early morning.
- Willow Creek Trout Pond, where little ones can practice their angling skills for free, reeling in live trout. Photo opp of the little anglers.
- The famous DockDogs® Competition returns to the boat and sportshow, where water-loving canines compete in notoriously fun, splash-friendly challenges. Demos available for early morning.
- New! Progressive Boat Club, featuring educational seminars, a virtual boating simulator and remote control pond to help sharpen boating skills – great for all ages! In partnership with the Annapolis School of Seamanship. Try your hand at the virtual boating simulator.
- KC Food Truck Mafia, serving up tasty, unique fare inside of Bartle Hall during the show. Trucks on-site include: Monk’s, KC BBQ, and Road Kill Tacos.
WHEN: Additional media opportunities for media to capture footage begin during boat and sportshow move-in and run through Sunday, Jan. 13:
- Show Move-In, Monday, Jan. 7-Tuesday, Jan. 8 beginning at 7:00a.m. Preview the show and capture footage of boats moving in. Interviews with the show manager, Becca Doyle, can be coordinated.
- VIP Preview Night, Wednesday, Jan. 9, 6-9 p.m. Not open to the public, media are welcome to attend to get a first look inside the show. Interviews with the show manager and exhibitors can be coordinated.
- Thursday, Jan. 10 – Sunday, Jan. 13. Media are welcome to tour the show, tape or do live shots throughout show days. Interviews with the show manager and exhibitors can be coordinated.
*Show can accommodate early morning live TV beginning Tuesday,
Jan. 8.To coordinate media interviews or for press materials, preview photos or B-roll, or to obtain press badge, contact Robb Yagmin at email@example.com or 913.908.0028.
WHERE: H. Roe Bartle Hall – 301 W. 13th St., Kansas City, MO 64105
MORE: The 2019 Progressive® Insurance Kansas City Boat & Sportshow® takes place:
Thursday, Jan. 10, 2-9 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 11 noon-9 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 12, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 13, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
For ticketing, previews, show guide and more, visit KansasCitySportshow.com.
Please note full show title: Progressive® Insurance Kansas City Boat & Sportshow®.
SOCIAL: Stay tuned to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for updates, giveaways and all things #KCBoatShow.