Buttonwood Art Space First Friday


Friday May 3, 2019 • 18:00 • Buttonwood Art Space • Varies

3013 Main, Kansas City, MO, 64108
18:00
RSVP
816-285-9040


The “Kansas City” exhibit First Friday opening will be held on May 3, 2019, from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m., at Buttonwood Art Space, 3013 Main, Kansas City, Missouri, 64108. The gallery exhibition will include over 160 artworks by 79 local and regional artists. All artworks will depict scenes across Kansas City, including its beautiful parks. Artwork will include: paintings, photography, mixed media, fiber and 3D works. The exhibit opening will be held in conjunction with KC Crossroads May First Friday Art Walk.

Purchases of art during the exhibit will benefit KC Parks, Kansas City’s Parks & Recreation department. Sixty percent (60%) of each sale compensates artists for their beautiful art with the remaining forty percent (40%) going to KC Parks as a charitable donation.

40% of net proceeds from the exhibit will help KC Parks fulfill their mission to improve the quality of life, health and wellness of our community by providing socially equitable, community-driven programming and environmentally sound natural resource management.  

“We are appreciative of Buttonwood Financial Group / Buttonwood Art Space’s ongoing support of local artists and excited that they have chosen to support our local parks through this exhibition as well,” says KC Parks Director, Teresa Rynard.

Meet participating artists, listen to the smooth jazz sounds of UMKC Jazz Studies students, snack on hors d’oeuvres, and enjoy a beverage at the May 3rd, 2019 Opening Reception. Children and families are welcome. A special VIP event from 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. is ticket-only. If you are unable to attend the May 3rd reception; gallery hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or by appointment May 3, 2019 – June 27, 2019.

Background Information:

Kansas City, Missouri Parks & Recreation provides facilities, programs and recreational opportunities for the community that contribute to an aesthetically pleasing environment and enhanced quality of life. The department maintains 221 parks, 12.242 acres of parkland, 158 miles of tails and bikeways, 29 lakes, hundreds of athletic fields and tennis courts, 106 playgrounds and five public golf courses. Miles of scenic boulevards and parkways crisscross the city, where 48 fountains and 122 monuments and sculptures surprise and delight. Ten community centers, along with eight museums, provide the setting for socially equitable and community-driven programming.

KC Crossroads First Friday: On the First Friday of every month, thousands of residents and visitors fill the sidewalks of the Crossroads in Kansas City, enjoying what has become the city’s liveliest and most popular event. Arts organizations, galleries, studios, and a wide variety of local businesses feature regional and national artists as well as live entertainment starting at 5 p.m. Best explored on foot, the First Friday tradition continues to grow with up to 10,000 attendees. Most make it an evening, with dinner and drinks from a colorful array of restaurants and entertainment venues. For more information, please visit http://kccrossroads.org/first-fridays/

Buttonwood Art Space was founded by Jon and Wendy McGraw in support of the arts in Kansas City. The McGraw’s purchased the 1860’s Buttonwood building in 2005, and expansion in 2013 doubled the size of the gallery to 7,500 sq. ft. A portion of all sales go to support local and regional charities as the gallery is designated as a place for artists to exhibit and sell their works, and for non-profit groups to raise funds and awareness.

Buttonwood Art Space is underwritten by Buttonwood Financial Group, an independent wealth management firm based in Kansas City, Missouri. Buttonwood works closely with individuals and families to simplify the complexity that comes with wealth. The Buttonwood Team serves as a Family CFO, coordinating and integrating tax, insurance, estate planning, investments, cash flow, retirement, education, and business strategies to achieve client specific goals. For more information please visit http://www.buttonwoodartspace.com/about.php

For additional information please contact Macy Layne, Buttonwood Art Space, at 816-285-9040 or Macy@ButtonwoodArtSpace.com.